Ways to Give

Your generosity to Clergy Trust has an immediate impact on the health and well-being of our priests as they build stronger communities both within and beyond the walls of our parishes.

If you have any questions about your donation, please contact the Clergy Trust Office at 617-746-5725.

Below are options for convenient giving.

More ways to give

Paying by Check

All checks should be made payable to “Clergy Trust” and mailed to 66 Brooks Drive, Braintree, MA 02184.


Monthly Sustained Giving

By becoming a sustaining donor through our Recurring Giving Program, you provide steady and cost-effective support for Clergy Trust. Sustained giving minimizes administrative costs and maximizes your impact. Recurring Giving can be done from either your credit card or direct withdrawal from your bank account. You can cancel or make changes to your monthly donation at any time. Click here to start your recurring gift now!


Matching Gift Program

Many employers, both large and small, offer Matching Gift Programs, which could double the impact of your donation. Some will even match to retirees! Check your employer’s program and requirements using the Double the Donation link. Some employers will ask for the charity’s tax ID number.

The tax ID number for the Clergy Health & Retirement Trust is 45-3995881. The legal name is the “RCAB Clergy Benefit Funding Trust”.


Updating your Credit Card information

To update your lost or expired credit card information, give us a call during business hours at 617-746-5725. We would be happy to ensure your payments are not interrupted.


Gifts of Stock

You may make a gift to Clergy  Trust by transferring stock or shares of a mutual fund. You will receive credit for the full current market value of your stock on the date of transfer toward your pledge. If you have held the stock for more than one year, no capital gains will be paid by you and the full market value can be counted as a charitable gift for income tax purposes. Please consult your tax advisor to confirm your eligibility based on personal circumstances. Instructions on making a gift of stock can be found here: Letter of Intention to Donate Stock and Stock, Bond and Mutual Fund Donation Instructions


Gift from an IRA Charitable Roll-over

A direct transfer from your IRA to Clergy Trust can be a great way to make a tax-wise gift while supporting our priests. A qualified transfer will count towards your required annual IRA minimum distribution and be excluded from your gross income. To qualify for these benefits:

  • You must be age 70 ½ or older at the time of the gift
  • Your gift must be made directly from your IRA to the “RCAB Clergy Benefit Funding Trust” (Tax ID #45-3995881) and include the Clergy Health & Retirement Trust as the use/purpose of your gift


Make a Planned Gift

You can make a planned gift to Clergy  Trust in many ways, including the options outlined below:

  • Bequests – You may designate a gift of cash, securities, real estate or personal property through your will or trust to Clergy Trust.
  • Life Insurance – You can name Clergy Trust as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
  • Retirement Plans – You can name Clergy Trust as a beneficiary of an IRA or 401(k) plan.


Gifts through Amazon Smile

Amazon donates 0.5% of all purchases made through the Amazon Smile program to a charity of your choice. To designate the Clergy Health and Retirement Trust as a recipient of these donations, please click here.

Please contact Maryellen Barrett, VP Finance & Administration, Clergy Trust at 617-746-5725 or click here if you are interested in making one of the above or another type of gift to Clergy Trust.